Outstanding graduates (average Bachelor's degree: at least 80% or 2.0 in German grading system) are invited to apply for the next winter semester.
The application and the admission procedure are organized in several steps. FAU students have to follow the instructions of Step 2.
Step 1 (Deadline: April 15/ July 15)*
Please send us via email all of the required forms (download) and the following documents as scanned copies
- your Curriculum Vitae (CV) including a passport picture
- your secondary school's leaving certificate and university entrance certificate (certified English or German version)
- Bachelor's Degree and Academic Transcripts (certified English or German version)
- TOEFL score report (minimum score IBT 87, PBT 552, CBT 216) or other proof of English-language education (IELTS 5.5, level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, or Medium of Instruction Certificate e.g.)
- APS certificate (China)
- GRE test results (if any)
- certificates for German language courses or tests (optional)
- recommendation letters of two of your academic teachers that have known you well (optional)
to the following email address: asc-admission(at)fau.de
Before submitting your application documents please read the application instructions (download) carefully.
Bachelor students who will graduate before the start of the semester can apply using their transcript of records. These students will be asked to provide their final certificates if they are admitted.
There is no application fee. German language knowledge is not required.
Selected applicants will be invited for a personal or video interview. The interview takes approximately 30 minutes and serves to assess the background for a successful completion of the ASC programme.
Step 2 - Only if passed Step 1 (Deadline: September 15)***
After the screening process you will be informed whether you have been selected for admission to the ASC programme. If so, you will be asked to hand in your formal application documents to the Online Application Portal for Degree Programmes of Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg.
* The first deadline is for students who have to apply for a visa abroad. IMPORTANT: students who apply within the second deadline have to skip step 1 of the application process and to follow the instructions of step 2.
*** Please contact: asc-admission(at)fau.de